Star training and support
Training is essential to support quality use of the Outcomes Star within keywork and the consistency and accuracy of the data collected. For this reason, in addition to a Star licence, all workers using the Star with service users must attend at least the One-day Introduction to the Outcomes Star.
If you are already using the Star and have not had training, because you accessed the Star before this was a requirement, you can continue with the Star but we strongly recommend training to ensure proper use.
Booking now: Star Licensed Trainer course
This enables experienced trainers to train in any version of the Outcomes Star internally. Year 1 includes the 2-day train the trainer course, plus tasks, our excellent training manual and support. Cost £2,450 in Year 1, renewable annually for half price. Complete a booking form or call 020 7272 8765 for more information. We can arrange in-hose LT courses for groups of three or more trainers.
This open one-day introductory course is for very small organisations, with 1-3 workers who will be using the Outcomes Star with service users. The costs is £195 per person plus a Star Licence so this is the most accessible option for small organsiations and can cover any version of the Star. The next course is now full - November date to be confirmed soon.
Enquiries and bookings
Please complete a short, training enquiry form to help us respond appropriately to your enquiry. If you have any further queries, please contact us or call 020 7272 8765 to discuss your needs with a Star trainer and consultant.
You can also use this form to find out about the additional courses and support we offer:
- The Outcomes Star and Keyworking (two days): Using the Star to Support Change
- Licensed Star Trainers
- Refresher training (Practice Review)
- Practical workshop for managers
- The Star Online web application
- Star Online set-up consultancy
- Outcomes Star implementation support.
Adopting an outcomes approach in your organisation by implementing the Outcomes Star can bring a wide range of benefits including better, more outcomes-focused keywork, a more consistent approach within teams, better coordination between teams and with other agencies, and timely relevant outcomes information for management and external reporting.
Achieving these benefits requires an implementation programme and on-going attention and support to make it happen.
We can support your organisation with all aspects of implementation including:
- Working with an internal steering group of key individuals driving the implementation process (often managers from each of the services) and advising one or more Organisational Star Champions throughout the process. This can include meetings with the steering group prior to training and being available for telephone and email support throughout
- Designing an organisational change programme as needed to roll out the Star, including:
- Selling the Star internally (presentation/workshop)
- Supporting decision making on which version(s) to use
- Planning the most appropriate training combination and timing
- Reviewing and combining your paperwork to avoid duplication
- Reviewing existing assessment, review and risk assessment forms to help choose what needs to be gathered in addition to the Star data
- Combining the forms and process on paper
- How to make the Star work on an IT level, including:
Contact us or call 020 7272 8765 to be put in contact with the best person to discuss the needs of your organisation.