Outcomes Star training
Training is essential to support quality use of the Outcomes Star within keywork and gather reliable data. In addition to a Star licence, all workers must at least complete the Core Star training (one day course) as a minimum.
If you are already using the Star but have not had training or do not have licences because you accessed the Star before this was a requirement, you can continue with the Star but we strongly recommend training and licences to ensure proper use and to receive the benefits of being a Licensed Star User.
Core Star training: Open one day course
Organisations can register up to four workers on one of our open training days running throughout the year. This is an accessible option for small teams looking to complete the Core Star training for any version of the Outcomes Star. Dates for 2016/17 are:
- 15 March
- 26 April
- 23 February
- 6 June
The cost is £240 per person exclusive of VAT.
Licensed Star Trainer course
This is a 'train the trainer' option, allowing experienced trainers to train people in any version of the Outcomes Star within their organisation. Year 1 includes a two-day Licensed Star Trainer course, comprehensive training manual and training materials, ongoing one-to-one support and the licence to run Star training. The cost per person is £2,450 in Year 1, which is renewable annually for half price.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 272 8765 for more information. We run open courses throughout the year or can arrange in-house Licensed Trainer courses for groups of three or more trainers.
*Please note, to attend either the open or in-house LT course, individuals will need to have attended the Core one-day Star Training beforehand. Costs for this are included in the overall LT cost - talk to us for more information.
Open Licensed Star Trainer courses for 2017:
Birmingham - 4 and 18 May
London - 3 and 19 October
Other Star training and support from Triangle
Triangle offer a variety of other specialised training sessions and support services to help you get the most of out of the Star:
- Two-day Keywork and Outcomes Star: Using the Star to support change
- Train-the-trainer route for Licensed Star Trainers
- Refresher training (Practice Review)
- Manager sessions for effective implementation of the Outcomes Star
- Outcomes Star implementation support.
Enquiries and booking
For more information, to book in-house training or to book a place on an Open course, please get in touch with us by either:
Star Implementation support from Triangle
Adopting an outcomes approach in your organisation by implementing the Outcomes Star can bring a wide range of benefits including better, more outcomes-focused keywork, a more consistent approach within teams, better coordination between teams and with other agencies, and timely relevant outcomes information for management and external reporting.
Achieving these benefits requires an implementation programme and on-going attention and support to make it happen.
We can support your organisation with all aspects of implementation including:
- Working with an internal steering group of key individuals driving the implementation process (often managers from each of the services) and advising one or more Organisational Star Champions throughout the process. This can include meetings with the steering group prior to training and being available for telephone and email support throughout
- Designing an organisational change programme as needed to roll out the Star, including:
- Selling the Star internally (presentation/workshop)
- Supporting decision making on which version(s) to use
- Planning the most appropriate training combination and timing
- Reviewing and combining your paperwork to avoid duplication
- Reviewing existing assessment, review and risk assessment forms to help chose what needs to be gathered in addition to the Star data
- Combining the forms and process on paper
- How to make the Star work on an IT level, including:
Contact us or call 0207 272 8765 to be put in contact with the best person to discuss the needs of your organisation.