Your Star Online system
Information to help you get started on the Star Online system
A quick start guide to Star Online
Useful information to assist you in getting to grips with Star Online, including how to log in for the first time, getting started as the Account Lead, and a general orientation of the site.
Getting started for practitioners
Not sure where to begin?
Let us help you start using the system
Getting started on Star Online
In this video you will find guidance on logging in for the first time, where to find the Star Online Account Lead Set-up Guide, and how to book a support call with one of our help desk team.
The Star Online has a modern look and feel, with new tabs and a range of features, here are some quick video's designed to help organisations get the most out of the system.
How to log in for the first time
Account Lead – Getting started on Star Online
Star Online – A general orientation
Frequently Asked Questions:
Star Online allows you to access Star resources, record Star data and report on outcomes. It is designed for frontline services – practitioners, managers and funders – using any version of the Outcomes Star.
For more information on what your organisation is licensed to use, please contact your organisation’s Star Online Account Lead.
- If you have been sent a migration date and confirmation email, you need to follow the instructions and wait until the migration is complete.
- The process for logging in is similar to the previous system. Navigate to www.staronline.org.uk
- From the landing page, type in your email address into the Username input and the password that your account lead emailed to you.
You must enter your email address into the Username input field, then enter the password that you received in your migration email into the Password input field.
You will then be emailed a security code, to your email address, which you will need to enter into the security code field.
The new version of Star Online uses 2-factor authentication, which is the industry standard for keeping your data secure.
Each day you log in, when you enter your password you will be emailed a 2-factor authentication code instantly. A dialogue box will open up on the Star Online page for you to enter the code in your email.
- The code is valid for one hour
- You only have to enter a code once in a 24-hour period
- You cannot use the same code each day; a new code will be emailed to you each day you log in
As the Star Online contains sensitive information, including personally identifiable data, we have to ensure an appropriate level of security and using this security code allows us to authenticate that it is the correct person accessing the Star Online.
Your Username is your email address, if you have forgotten your email address please contact your companies IT department.
Please check your spam folders for an email from Triangle at email@example.com.
If you are still unable to receive an email, please contact your Account Lead.
Watch this Top Tips video if you are having some problems logging in.
If you cannot log in using email/password, try the following:
- Check with your Account Lead to confirm that they have activated your account and that your organisation has been migrated to the new system
- Account Leads must activate all practitioner accounts before they are able to log in.
If you are still struggling to log in. Try the following.
- Watch this Top Tips video for quick advice on logging in
- Clear your cache and history, close and relaunch your browser
- Clear any old bookmarks you may have and use www.staronline.org.uk to log in
- Make sure you are using your email address in the Username field instead of your screen-name
- Click on the Reset your password link and follow the instructions to reset your password
- If login issues persist –
- If you are unable to access your email account to complete email verification, please contact your organisations Account Lead or your organisations IT support to change your email.
- Due to Star Online security improvements, we have updated a few login credentials. You must be able to access your registered email to receive the security code when you log in.
- If you have not logged into the Star Online in the last 6 months, please contact your Account Lead for more support.
- If you’re still unable to login, contact the Star Online help team.
Individuals are required to verify their email address for security purposes. If you are unable to access your email account, please follow these steps:
- Contact your organisations IT team for support in access your email account OR
- Contact your Account Lead to change your email. Once your email address has been changed, you will receive an invitation email
- Follow the instructions.
- Please check your spam/junk folders for an email from Triangle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try to log in again to generate a new code.
- If you’ve lost access to your email, contact your Account Lead or organisations IT support team.
Capturing better outcomes
With over 75000 new Stars completed already on the new Star Online, the system is designed to support and empower you in improving your outcomes.
Partnerships built on trust
We partner with a wide range of organisations.