Studies looking at what services already exist and where the gaps are and identify where support may be improved.
Finding the right Star
Each version of the Star is tailored to the needs of a sector and the service users they support
Evidence and research
The Star is a widely used and validated tool, both for effective keywork and for outcomes measurement
With the advent of COVID-19, Triangle now offers Outcomes Star training remotely, using a video platform.
About the Star
A uniquely innovative family of tools, see how the Star has developed since its original publication in 2006
Terms and prices
Triangle offer a variety of options for frontline services to use the Star under licence and with Star training
- Launched: Home Star, the new Star for homelessness and other needs - Triangle is excited to launch the new Home Star after a significant two-year review process in collaboration with service providers and people using homelessness and housing services. Why we reviewed the Star Much has changed in the housing sector for both people and service providers since the Star’s last revision in 2017. The environment has […]
- Ways to Wellness: The Well-being Star within social prescribing - Ways to Wellness recently published a report we contributed to, celebrating six years of their innovative and internationally recognised social prescribing service. The service supports people aged 40-74 years old with specific long-term conditions, many of whom have complex medical, practical and social needs. GPs refer patients to receive support from link workers for 18 […]
- Making change visible: The Outcomes Star captures important achievements that could be missed by focusing on hard outcomes - As the creators of a suite of measures capturing distance travelled towards ‘hard outcomes’ we are sometimes asked whether there is evidence that Star readings correlate with or predict outcomes such as offending or employment. In some cases, we hear there is resistance to using the Star and instead commissioners, managers or funders are only […]
- The Outcomes Star as a management information tool - The Outcomes Star is well established as a tool for supporting effective keywork and demonstrating achievements. Here, ‘Triangle’s Research Analyst, Dr Anna Good, discusses a third benefit, the opportunity for internal learning. This new briefing describes how Star data can be used to improve service delivery. Learning from Star data at all levels of the […]
- Outcomes Star Licensed Trainers – Continual Professional Development programme (CPD) - Triangle has launched a new online annual CPD programme to support licensed trainers in 2022.
Triangle – the social enterprise behind the Outcomes Star™
Triangle exist to help people reach their highest potential. Through the Outcomes Star, we work with services to promote and measure individual change and to enable learning at an individual, service, organisation and sector-wide levels