Open or in-house Licensed Star Trainer training
A two day course (plus prior completion of core Star training) to ‘train-the-trainer’
Licensed Star Trainers are people within organisations who are trained and licensed to run Outcomes Star training.
This ‘train-the-trainer’ route can support sustainability and can provide more cost-effective approach for large organisations who may have large numbers of staff to train. Please note the Outcomes Star training courses are controlled by copyright and can only be run by Triangle or by others under a signed agreement and licence.
Triangle’s Licensed Star Trainer option includes:
- An annual licence to train staff internally in any version of the Outcomes Star
- A train-the-trainer two day training course (plus one day to complete the Core Star Training course, if individuals have not previously completed it)
- The Outcomes Star Trainer manual, with trainers notes, hand-outs and other guidance on running an Outcomes Star training day, which is reviewed regularly
- Access to the Licensed Trainer Library, an online portal with all available up-to-date training resources
- An annual Development Day, to meet other Licensed Star Trainers and receive updates and additional training from Triangle
- Access to an email/ring back support service throughout the year
- Regular newsletter and updates
Download an Introduction to OS Licensed trainer [2 MB], including more details about the benefits and the course itself.
For Licensed Trainers to be effective you will need to ensure that an implementation plan is in place before your Licensed Star trainers start training internally. Trainees must complete an application form and submit this to Triangle to be booked onto the course – either a training qualification or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, experience and skills is desirable but not essential.
Trainees should also have completed the Core Star training course beforehand – Triangle can arrange this at no extra cost as needed.
We also recommend that organisations run an internal recruitment process to identify the best candidates and we can support and advise you with this.
At the end of the Licensed Trainer course, trainers will be awarded a certificate confirming they are licensed to train within your organisation in the Outcomes Star. In very rare circumstances, where we are not confident of the trainer’s ability, we offer further support, including coaching and/or co-training. There may be an extra cost for this.
Open and in-house Licensed Star Trainer Training
Our Open training is ideal for organisations with one or two people becoming Licensed Star Trainers.
Upcoming Open Licensed Trainer Training:
- 13 th & 27 th February, London (NVCO)
- 28 th April & 12 th May, Birmingham (The Studio)
- 4 th & 18 th June, Manchester (The Studio)
- 8 th & 22 nd September, London (NVCO)
- 29 th October & 12 th November, Birmingham (The Studio)
(Individuals must have previously completed the Open Core Star training)
For organisations with three or more people becoming Licensed Star Trainers, Triangle will run the training in-house at your organisation.
Becoming a Licensed Star Trainer costs £2,450 per person (exclusive of VAT) for the first year. To continue to train in the Star, Licensed Star Trainers must renew each year at half price – £1,225 (exclusive of VAT.)
For more information or to book this training for your organisation