The Outcomes Star for people in the criminal justice system
Copyright: Triangle Consulting Social Enterprise Limited
The Justice Star is designed for use with people on short sentences, approaching release from long sentences or in the community.
For people with long custodial sentences still to serve we recommend the Recovery Star Secure instead.
The Justice Star was developed by Triangle during 2015-2016 with a diverse group of collaborators:
- Leicestershire Integrated Offender Management (IOM) service
- Sodexo Justice Services
- Uniting Care West (Perth, Australia)
- North London Forensic Services
- The Shaw Trust
- Lancashire Women’s Centre
- Barnardos Family Support Services
We also gathered feedback from:
- Fortune Society who work with formerly incarcerated people in New York
- Youth Justice Services within the Department of Justice and Attorney-General in Brisbane, Australia
- Youth Justice Services within the Department of Health and Human Services in Melbourne, Australia
- Salvation Army and a project with young offenders in the UK.
The Justice Star covers ten areas:
- Living skills & self care
- Mental health & well-being
- Friends & community
- Relationships & family
- Parenting & caring
- Drugs & alcohol
- Positive use of time
- Managing strong feelings
- A crime-free life
Full resources are available for organisations with a Star Licence and training for all workers and managers using the Star.
We are also actively researching into the psychometric properties of the Justice Star and Star data and plan to publish our findings on this area in the near future. Contact us for more information.